Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Mind of a Three (almost four) Year Old

Wednesday was Logan's first day of preschool. I was SO excited to get the full report, that I told Ross (my hubby) to call me when he picked him up (I was at work) to let Logan talk to me. I think he was smashing his mouth into the phone, because I could barely understand what he was telling me. It went something like this:

L---"Hi mommy! I made a lot of friends today!"
Me-"That's great. What are their names?" already knowing the response would be 'I don't know' from a previous experience with a preschooler.
L---"I don't know."
Me-"What did you do in school today?"
L---"I played on the slide! I was on a swing!"
Me-"Wow that's great!"
L---Sadly he then says, "Yeah, I got water up my nose..."
Me-Confused as to how he'd get water up his nose at preschool, "How did you do that?"
L---"My head went under the water, but now I'm ok."
Me-Really, confused at this point, wondering did he stick his head too far in a drinking fountain, "How did your head go under water?"
L---"On the water slide!"
Me-"What? There was a water slide at preschool?!"
L---"No mom, don't you remember at the waterpark?"

Back in March we went to the water park of America in the cities. Apparantly that had a lasting impression on him, although he's never breathed a word about it since departing from that place. I'm guessing the slide at preschool remined him of the slide at the waterpark? I don't know, we have a slide in our backyard and that hasn't triggered any memories. I just love how his little brain works!

No comments:

Post a Comment