I am really finding it difficult to find things to post! I guess this just wasn't something I was designed to do. :) Anyway, I thought since my children always have the greatest things to communicate, I'd try and keep a record and post them here.
First a little background: Logan has had a certain kind of, ahem, infection on the underside of his penis (or as Logan refers to it...potty-area). This has been the case for 2-3 weeks. I never really paid attention to the first date he brought it to my attention, I just thought, "ok, better keep an eye on that" and then forgot until a few days later when he showed me again. At that point I decided that maybe I should put Lotrim on it because if I took him to the doctors, that's what he'd tell me to do (I just know our pediatrician well!). Well after a couple weeks of using the cream, some days look better and other days looked awful. So I decided to take him in. This is where my kids like to say things that embarrass me in public...
In the waiting room at the office, Logan announces (to anyone that is listening) "I've got, I've got, I've got (you get the point) an owey on my potty area!" Chuckles emerged from all directions and the nurse that had just called for him joined in. :) Then, as we were putting our coats on in the waiting room right before leaving, Madison asks "So did the doctor say what was wrong with Logan's penis?" Only one man was left at this point and he proceeded to tell me about how his daughter called some big Harley dude, fat, at the urinals in a men's public bathroom.
So I left the doctor's office several shades darker red in the face than I'd have liked. Oh, and the first thing the doctor asked me was "You said you've been using Lotrim and that hasn't worked?" I am so glad that after three kids, I am getting this home-nurse business down. (For example, when the kids break a fever I no longer go rushing to the doctors. I remember with Madison, she was just a couple months old and she threw up in the early morning hours and I panicked and rushed her to the doctors, only to find out it was gastroenteritis! I am still embarressed and I hope our doctor doesn't remember THAT one!)
Freezer Cooking for January 2014
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment